Wednesday 16 July 2014

Why i do what i do and charity stuff

Hi guys just thought id do a quick post
I know i havent kept to my Tuesday schedule of a blog and i didnt get to do my extra post.
Starting my new job as a tutor hit my free time hard. Just got my head round the paper work and dedicated time where i could  work on my lesson plans at work but then the internet there dies so ive had to do it at home when i should be drawing. Arrgh! Ive pendrived all documents i need now so that shouldnt happen again.
Anyway, had a think about the projects i have half done at the moment and started thinking how im going to catch up. So ive decided to finish each project one at a time, get them done and ill prob work faster through them and improve quicker.
Im going to start with hand drawing all my sketch dailies challenge back log
run them through illustrator
paint them digitally

With the extra digital paint practise ill prob be able to do my secret aye aye project better so ill do that once i finish my back log

Then ill have a break from digital and finish my gorilla charcoal piece cause its been nearly finished for weeks and that is pretty shameful

I havent been totally unproductive however. Last year i raised money for a charity that worked on orangutan conservation. This year im doing it again.
I have made a logo
Its available on Spreadshirt on multiple products. Spreadshirt take a cut for cost of printing but the rest i am donating to the charity "Act for Wildlife, orange for Orangutans".
Link to shop:

Ill post a link below to the charity. Im also selling charity bands for £1 or your regional equivalent. Get in touch for details on charity bands. Either comment or contact me on social media (details below)

Had someone ask why when im doing traditional drawing practice why i draw animals. Well, adore animals. simple as. Plus i dont find drawing perfectly classically proportioned human folk dull and tedious. Dont get me wrong, i will draw humans i have not an issue with it but when i draw for fun i will be an animal or what i call "interesting" people.
What i mean by interesting is not who they are but like the elderly. All those wrinkles are amazing! I love how the accentuate the face and emotion. People who look like theyve been to hell and back and come out fighting; whose very eyes tell so many stories. I love drawing them! What i dont like it idealistic unobtainable "perfection" holywood airbrush nonsense people; with vacant eyes forced expressions that look more like grimaces pain or illness. Its boring in my opinion. I just dont enjoy it.

When i draw animals however, its like im learning to draw again. The anatomy is new. and there is so many hundreds of species the subject matter is endless. Never mind each individual creature. A tiger will never have the same stripes as another tiger. the wrinkles on on one elephant is different from another. The same as each human individual i different. So thats why i love drawing animals and "interesting people".
The digital stuff im currently working on is for practise purposes. Unfortunatly i dont work in a digital art field (idlove to) but i dont have the necessary skills to do so, so im self-teaching. So i dont care if people say how rubbish i am. Everyone was rubbish at one point. Im learning and i admit that and im proud i am a learner. im not sat in a plateau of unproductivness, im trying to better myself.

So yeah thats my blog for this week.  apologise its it ranty. Im prob ject annoyed at myself for lack of art done this week combined with tiredness lol. Forgive me. ill be back to a more productive and happier blog next week :)
Peace
Menja

Social Media
Instagram             http://instagram.com/jenny_menja_hall_art
Facebook             https://www.facebook.com/JMenjaHArt?ref_type=bookmark
Twitter                 https://twitter.com/MenjaMist
Google+              https://plus.google.com/u/0/117436179098243645186/posts
Deviant art          http://valkrya.deviantart.com/
Email                   jhmenjaart@gmail.com



My Shop
Prints for charity:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TalonsCreations?ref=l2-shopheader-name

clothing and accessories for charity:
http://jhmenjaart.spreadshirt.co.uk/customize/noCache/1



Charities
Act for Wildlife  http://www.actforwildlife.org.uk/go-orange-for-orangutans/go-orange-2014

No comments:

Post a Comment